SAUCONY® DEBUTS ALL-NEW XODUS ULTRA
WALTHAM, MA (June 21, 2022) – Ultrarunning is booming: according to The State of Ultrarunning 2020, a study conducted by Run Repeat and the International Association of Ultrarunners, there has been a 345 percent increase in global participation of ultramarathons over the past decade. Now, with the arrival of Saucony’s all-new Xodus Ultra, running an ultramarathon, a race longer than a traditional marathon, will be a comfortable, responsive and surefooted ride for both the experienced and novice ultrarunner. With the completely revamped Xodus Ultra, the award-winning Saucony trail line extends to the most demanding of trail endeavors. Overhauled to go the distance, the Xodus Ultra is roomier and comfier, with a distance-specific last, a full-length core of ultralight PWRRUN PB™ cushioning and a redesigned PWRTRAC™ outsole. The Xodus Ultra will be available at saucony.com and select retailers globally beginning June 21.
“With the Xodus Ultra, our mission is to make running long more comfortable and accessible for experienced ultrarunners as well as those just beginning to test longer distances on the trail,” said Katie Pyle, senior product line manager for Saucony Trail. “We did a complete transformation: everything about the new Xodus Ultra is made for the long haul, starting with its new 6mm last, designed specifically to give you more room, comfort and confidence as you tackle the miles. We’ve doubled up on the cushioning for max energy return and the three-piece PWRTRAC outsole delivers grip and protection from rocks to roots to river crossings to scrambles. And just like an ultrarunner, the new Xodus is a resilient, durable and enduring workhorse that craves an adventure—no matter how far.”
About the Xodus Ultra
- Delivers max spring with a full-length core of ultralight PWRRUN PB and added durability and support with a resilient PWRRUN™ Frame
- New 6mm last designed specifically for long-distance trail running delivers a stable feeling in a more forgiving package
- More comfort with a roomier toe box
- Durable protection with an improved rock plate
- Incredible grip and increased flexibility with a new 3-piece PWRTRAC outsole
- Contoured sockliner hugs the foot for a perfect fit
- More minimal upper decreases hotspots and a new debris shield keeps everything out
- Heel-to-toe Offset: 6mm (32.5mm heel/26.5mm forefoot)
- Weight: Men’s 10.3 oz. (293g), Women’s 9.1 oz (259g)
- Lighter footprint: The Xodus Ultra is vegan and contains recycled upper materials
Xodus Ultra Availability
The Xodus Ultra will be available beginning June 21 in men’s sizes 7-13 and 14, and women’s sizes 5-12. The suggested retail price of the Xodus Ultra is $150.00. To find a Saucony retailer near you, call 800-365-4933 or visit here.
About Saucony: Saucony, the ‘Original Running Brand’ and a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc. (NYSE: WWW), is a leading global performance running brand that fuses innovation, style and culture. Widely recognized for award-winning technologies including PWRRUN™ PB, PWRRUN+™, and SPEEDROLL™, Saucony creates innovative technical and lifestyle footwear and apparel across Road, Trail and Originals. Founded in 1898, Saucony exists to inspire and serve all humans to live their best life by providing access to running, self-expression and creating a better world. For more information, go to www.saucony.com.